Begun in 2019, the Association of Diverse Physician-scientists in Training (ADePT) is an organization within the MD-PhD Program for students from backgrounds traditionally underrepresented in science and medicine with the goal of encouraging and facilitating community-building, advocacy, and mentorship.
For more information, contact the ADePT Organizational Board:
- Nneoma Adaku, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Renan Aparicio, email@example.com
- Camila Villasante, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Olivia Maguire, email@example.com
- Marcus D. Goncalves, MD, MSE, PhD, Assistant Professor of Medicine, Weill Cornell Medical College
MD-PhD students and alumni held the inaugural ADePT lunch at Amor Cubano in Manhattan in February of 2019 to celebrate the launch of the group and plan its future. Pictures are Camila Villasante, Olivia Maguire, Nneoma Adaku, Jideofor Aniukwu, Renan Aparicio, and Samuel Williams (clockwise from lower left). Dr. Aniukwu, MD, PhD (Tri-Institutional MD-PhD graduating class of 2009), joined this group of current MD-PhD students for the event.