Begun in 2019, the Association of Diverse Physician-scientists in Training (ADePT) is an organization within the MD-PhD Program for students from backgrounds traditionally underrepresented in science and medicine with the goal of encouraging and facilitating community-building, advocacy, and mentorship.
For more information, contact the ADePT Organizational Board:
- Nneoma Adaku, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Renan Aparicio, email@example.com
- Camila Villasante, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Olivia Maguire, email@example.com
- Briana Christophers, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Marcus D. Goncalves, MD, MSE, PhD, Assistant Professor of Medicine, Weill Cornell Medical College
On December 2, 2019, ADePT hosted their first Invited Lecture with guest speaker Dr. José Alemán-Díaz, MD, PhD, Assistant Professor of Endocrinology at NYU Langone Medial Center and graduate of the Harvard-MIT MD-PhD Program.
MD-PhD students and alumni held the inaugural ADePT lunch at Amor Cubano in Manhattan in February of 2019 to celebrate the launch of the group and plan its future. Pictures are Camila Villasante, Olivia Maguire, Nneoma Adaku, Jideofor Aniukwu, Renan Aparicio, and Samuel Williams (clockwise from lower left). Dr. Aniukwu, MD, PhD (Tri-Institutional MD-PhD graduating class of 2009), joined this group of current MD-PhD students for the event.